Tuesday, February 23, 2010

THE NIGHTMARE BEGINS AND HOW!!

After my swim and siesta which of course is normal in this country I felt quite refreshed and relaxed, if one could be in my current position, not knowing of course that my impending future will go from bad to worse, and decided to wander the streets of Marbella.

During my walk which did include window shopping, not for clothes but for food, I came across Rosa, the Spanish girl from the other night. What a coincidence as I was thinking of her that very moment. She saw me, she waved and started to cross the road towards my direction. She looked how I remembered her, looking very natural, no make up, her brown hair in a ponytail, dark skin, wearing black shorts and white tee shirt and very attractive. But I didn't want her to see me like this, looking a complete fucking mess with 7 days growth on my tan face, jeans and shirt badly needing a wash, for that matter I needed a wash. She kissed me on both cheeks and asked how I was, I lied and said fine, I think she saw through me, it wouldn't take a genius to see that I was on my knees.

During this polite and friendly conversation, but sometimes flirty, she invited me to a friends birthday party that night on the Marina. She informed me that there would be free drinks and food. Food, haven't eaten for couple of days and I was shaken just thinking of stuffing my face. She persuaded me to go even though I felt totally uncleaned and undressed and she knew this as she offered me a shower at her place to freshen up.

It was about 10pm when we started the 15 minute walk to the Marina from Rosa's one bedroom apartment, which she has been rented for the past 10 months. The music from the party was pumping out of huge speakers, which could be heard from a fair distance away. The place was buzzing, full of people of all Nationalities, drinking champagne, with a glass handed to you as you entered. I was introduced to the birthday girl, Claire, well woman at 26 years old, 5.6ft, slim and blond hair, an ex pat been living here for 2 years and thinking how great she looked. The food which was a buffet, plentiful and delicious was worth waiting 3 days for with ample champagne to wash it down and so, I was pleased I bumped into Rose, a few hours earlier. Its funny how a day and evening unfolds!

After the usual party conversation to complete strangers during the course of the evening and early morning and enjoying the body to body contact dancing which Rosa, the evening turned a little sour as Rosa's friend Mike or shall I say stalker turned up and rather pissed. It must have been at least 4am when after being stared and verbally abused in an aggressive way from Mike, who just could not accept that we were together that night and that Rosa was not interested in him at all, I decided to make my way home, well maybe I could have that sofa again from the hotel the previous night. I said my goodbye's and kissed Rosa on both cheeks and started to make my way to the hotel where I was best mates with the security guard.

With the music disappearing as I wandered, well staggered to the hotel, as I said the drinks were flowing, I eventually came to the hotel, which was not difficult to see as it was being ripped apart by raging flames. Sirens, flashing lights with police, fireman everywhere trying to contained the crowd, trying to control the situation and dealing with the knowledge that people are inside this burning building.

I was thinking that if this happen 24 hours ago, I could have been dead or injured, so I drunkenly saluted the security guard who throw me out this morning. Stupidly, I wanted to see more of the scene, so I finished my champagne and stumbled towards the blazing building. One hell of a fucking big mistake.

1 comment:

  1. Does this really happen? Nice. I like the story. You're a great writer. =D Thanks. I want to read more of your post.

    ReplyDelete