Sunday, February 21, 2010

GETTING HIGH WITH THE SON OF ELVIS

After the past couple of weeks or so and as I wasn't working, my money situation became a serious problem, so much so that I couldn't afford to pay for my room, so I made an arrangement with the owner of the hostel. I vacated the room but as I owed him money, he would keep hold of my personal belongings, apart from my passport, until I could afford to pay for the back rent and return them to me.  

What a situation to be in, no money, homeless, no change of clothing and not a return ticket back to the UK. A situation I didn't anticipate when I left the UK two or three weeks ago.

On night whilst I was walking aimlessly around the town and then the beach and with time drifting past, I came across this guy who had made part of the beach his home. It must have been about 2 in the morning, a still clear night with the glowing stars and the full moon reflecting on the sea ahead of me. The guy, 6ft, blond long matted hair and very unshaven had been sleeping rough for about 6 months and he looked and smelt like he had been. We started to talk, and as it turned out he was from L.A, I could tell from the accent and he actually believed that he was the son of Elvis. Most of our conversation was how, in his own words, his upbringing being the son of the king of rock and roll. His childhood, his relationship with is father, only being known as the son of Elvis. He in fact introduced himself as the son of Elvis. Didn't catch his real name. During this most unlikely encounter and who he thought he was, he begun to roll joints and after  sharing a few spliffs, by the time the sun came beyond the blue glistening sea, I believed that I was the son of Elvis. He did make me a ham sandwich for breakfast, which turned out to be a blessing as I now had a very severe case of the munchies. We chatted further about our wishes and believes and I left him rolling another joint and singing to himself, yes you guessed it, an Elvis song. I had to clear my head so I dived into the sea, dried myself off by the sun, to wonder what my next move will be.

After spending the day mainly walking around the town and sitting by the beach, all I wanted was to get some sleep. At about 10pm, I came across this Hotel, called the Skol hotel, another 4 star and wishing that it was my first day here in Marbella and going back to my 4 star hotel room. Which at 40 pesetas per night was differently out of my price bracket, I couldn't even afford the hostel at 10 pesetas per night. I walked into the hotel lobby and to my surprise found it empty, no one at all. I walked further into the lobby area and noticed this inviting black leather sofa in the reception area, I looked to my left then my right to make sure there was no one around and just lowered my body in a fetus position and within minutes I was in a very deep sleep.


No comments:

Post a Comment