Tuesday, February 23, 2010

A RUDE AWAKENING!

It must have been around 7am when I was woken by being pushed and poked on the sofa and being spoken to in a rather loud and incomprehensible language, I was not fluent in Spanish, apart from the odd word, but I did gather exactly what was being said by his attitude towards me as he grab me and with his arm around my neck, dragged me towards the exit of the hotel. He didn't ask any questions, why I was here, what I was doing, sleeping of course and I guess he was not offering me a full English breakfast. In one motion, he opened the double glass panelled doors and threw me out of the building and fell awkwardly to the hard ground outside. I assume he was the security guard, as he was about 6.5ft, of a heavy build, a shaved head and had one of those handlebars moustache's. He towered over my 5.11ft medium frame, which was shrinking on a daily basis due to lack of food.

Helping myself slowly off the pavement, with cuts and bruises, I walked towards the beach as the sand proved to be the most comfortable surface to rest on apart from the sofa in the hotel, but that was differently out of bounds. The sun was raising and the warmth of the glows started to heat my face and body, so as the beach was clear of any tourist, yes even the Germans were not here, I stripped naked and dived into the inviting sea to awake me from the rather gentle early morning call I just received.

Once out of the sea, I fell to the covering of sand, closed my eyes as the heat dried my body and thought about the circumstances I was in and could be facing. No home, no money, no food, my belongings out of reach, no return ticket to the UK but thankfully still had my passport. I could have telephoned my parents back in England to send money but I didn't want them to worry. But in the next 24 to 48 hours they would be worrying and also be very ashamed.

No comments:

Post a Comment